The Gathering Place provides Adult Day and other services to promote empowerment, independence and quality of life for elders, adults with disabilities and their caregivers. We are dedicated to fostering collaborative community partnerships.
Our Core Values
We recognize the responsibility to provide services to our community according to our mission.
We treat everyone equally with dignity, compassion, and regard for their individuality.
We adhere to ethical and professional standards in our work and relationships. Accountability and confidentiality are crucial to our efforts.
We recognize the value of evaluation. Ongoing analysis of operational and service outcomes will guide improvements and innovations.
The Gathering Place is certified by the Vermont Department of Aging and Disabilities (DAIL) and complies with Vermont Standards for Adult Day. The Gathering Place is a member of:
- NADSA - National Adult Day Services Association
- VAADS - Vermont Association of Adult Day Services
- Brattleboro Area Chamber of Commerce
- Southern Vermont Deerfield Valley of Commerce of Commerce
- COVE – Community of Vermont Elders
- BAPC – Brattleboro Area Prevention Coalition
- NAHC-National Association for Home Care and Hospice
- HCTAA-Home Care Technology Association
- PDHCA - Private Duty Home Care Association
- HHCA-Hospital Home Care Association
- HCCPA-Home Care Corporate Provider Alliance
- Govenors Commission for Alzheimers and Memory Related Disorders
- DAIL Advisory Board
- National Aging in Place Council
- Windham County United Way
- Cheshire County United Way